Pages within CTE COLLEGE CREDIT
INFORMATION FOR EDUCATORS
Step By Step
- Tech Prep representative visits high schools to fill out forms with students likely to earn an “A” or “B” in the course. Visits for Quarter schools and for 1-semester articulated courses are in November and May. Full year course visits are in May.
- Student fills out application to college awarding the articulated credit.
- Student fills out Articulated Credit Form.
- Articulated credit cannot be processed without both application and articulation form
- High school teacher signs Credit Form and enters grade earned.
- High school registrar verifies grade and completion date and returns to teacher.
- High school teacher sends to Tech Prep office. Forms can be sent by District Truck mail to Grossmont College, or mailed to:
CTE Support Specialist
8800 Grossmont College Drive
El Cajon, CA 92020
- Tech Prep office reviews forms and forwards complete packets to Admissions & Records office.
- College Admissions & Records office awards credit on an official college transcript and adds Tech Prep “flag” to student’s file.
- College departments will receive names of students who have earned articulated credit in each program area.